Margaritas are typically very sweet, at least when you order them out and they are packed with an overly sweet, sweet and sour mix. This Keto Spicy Margarita is the perfect ratio of sour to sweet with the little help of tart lime juice (of course) and a simple syrup made with water and a bit of Swerve. Then we’re spicing things up with some fresh jalapeños that pack a spicy punch. This is one cocktail you’ll want to sip all summer long.
Fancy a mojito, lime batida, pina colada, Moscow mule or daiquiri? Check out our low-carb cocktail ideas!
Are you trying to lose weight?
Minimise your consumption to occasional drinks, or ideally, avoid alcohol altogether. Although there are no carbs in spirits, your body can’t store alcohol as fat – it has to metabolise it. This means that your body will utilise alcohol instead of body fat which will slow down weight loss.
Hands-on: 5 minutes Overall: 15 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||0||grams|
|Magnesium||3||mg (1% RDA)|
|Potassium||41||mg (2% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (96%), protein (3%), fat (1%)
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 2 fl oz tequila (60 ml)
- 1 fl oz fresh lime juice (30 ml)
- 1 fl oz low-carb simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 slice jalapeño pepper, plus more for garnish
Low-carb Simple Syrup:
- Make the simple syrup by combining the Swerve with the water in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer until reduced and it has the texture of syrup. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Let it cool down. You will use just about ¼ of it. Store any leftover syrup in a jar for future use.
- Place the jalapeño into a cocktail shaker and muddle until broken down. Add in some ice, the freshly pressed lime juice, simple syrup, and tequila.
- Shake until combined and strain into a small glass over ice.
- Garnish with an extra slice of jalapeño and lime if desired.