Eggs are one of the best ways to start the day and these Easy Keto Eggs with Kale and a Sausage Crumb promise to please. Just 3 simple main ingredients and yet packed with flavour. Feel free to multiply up the recipe and make a big batch for the whole family.
Hands-on: 15 minutes Overall: 20 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||15.3||grams|
|Magnesium||44||mg (10% RDA)|
|Potassium||647||mg (32% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (2%), protein (24%), fat (74%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil or ghee
- 2-3 good quality gluten-free sausages (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 cup chopped kale (50 g/ 1.9 oz)
- 1 tbsp of butter, ghee or duck fat
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: ½ tsp paprika or chilli
- fresh herbs such as parsley
- ½ medium avocado (75 g/ 2.7 oz)
- Remove the skin from the sausages. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a pan. Gently sauté the sausage meat on a medium heat, breaking it up with a wooden spatula until it’s cooked through and resembles a thick crumb (takes about 10 minutes). Add the kale and and chilli or paprika (to your liking) and sauté for 1 further minute.
- Heat a little butter in a sauce pan on a medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a cup, season with salt and pepper and whisk with a fork. Add the eggs to a pan and scramble for 1 minute, stirring the eggs with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking. Remove from the heat and allow to firm up.
- Place the eggs on a plate and top with the sausage crumb, avocado and chopped fresh herbs.