We’ve been busy working on KetoDiet and we have yet another update that will be available to download in the next few days! So, what’s new? As usual, it’s a long list of improvements! 🙂
Say Hi To Our New Writers!
We are now working with two talented food bloggers, Lauren Lester and Jo Harding, who will help us create even more keto & paleo recipes. We also started working with Emily Maguire, a keto expert who will share articles focused on the therapeutic uses of the ketogenic diet. You can see the lists of posts created by Lauren, Jo and Emily by tapping on their profile photos below.
This means that you will get even more free recipes and articles directly via our integrated blog!
Apart from almost 100 recipes included in the Starter package, over 450 free recipes are provided via our integrated blog. Plus, thanks to Jo and Lauren, we will now be able to add new keto recipes more frequently 🙂
Copy & Paste Meals
You can now copy and paste any meal from/to another day in a few simple steps!
You can now find quick tips on how to use the Planner. As always any app takes time to get used to and we hope the tips will help those new to KetoDiet!
Also, we improved editing meals when added to the Planner. You can now edit any meal by simply tapping on the whole row, not just an “edit” tool.
Improvements in the Basket
We enhanced the grouping in Basket when arranged by “ingredients”. Below is a comparison of the “before” (on the left) and “after” (on the right).
- Integrated blog enhancements, especially in the comments section (formatting, improved utilisation of space)
- Dynamic text support. You can now adjust the font size in recipes, blog posts and the KetoDiet Guide.
- Major performance improvements
- Small bug fixes
Your Review Matters More Than Ever
I cannot emphasise enough how much time and effort it takes to create new content and we provide most of it free of charge.
To keep this project sustainable, we need to cover our development costs, and the only way to do that is to charge a fair price for our app.
Unlike other apps, we don’t use third party advertising and there are no hidden costs or subscriptions (all in-apps are listed on our website, the main screenshot and in the description).
Every review counts – your support will enable us to keep this project going. So if you find our Apps useful, please, leave a review on the AppStore/ Google Play. Thank you!
What’s Planned Next?
Next updates (May-July 2017)
- Barcode scanning. We strive for quality, not quantity. Accuracy is our key priority (and it should be yours too if you follow a keto diet) and unlike all other apps, we don’t use any crowdsourced databases. We will use a verified database for branded products when implementing barcode scanning.
- New KetoDiet App guide – our online tutorial on how to use our app.
- Enhance warnings/stats for meeting macronutrient targets in the Planner.
- Universal search across all recipes when adding them to the Planner (blog meals, KetoDiet meals, custom meals, etc).
Upcoming updates in 2017
- Adding new meals into the Starter pack and existing optional recipe packages (once you get any package, any recipes added in the future are always free!)
- Adding new restaurant chains to our database to quickly find keto-friendly options when eating out
- Data export, especially progress stats
- Apple Watch support
- Activity tracking & Health App integration
- Ketone tracking, glucose tracking, and more tracking options
- Integration with KetoDiet meal plans (free and premium 7-day, 14-day and 28-day diet plans directly in the Planner with just one click)
- KetoDiet Challenges & community integration
- Add recipe user notes in custom meals so that you have all you need to make your favourite recipe
- Adding “favorites” to the Planner so you can quickly add frequently used meals. This feature may be added depending on user feedback. We just included a new feature for Recently added meals which works in a similar way.
- New recipe packages – requested by users (American Favorites, Vegetarian Recipes, Easy & Simple 2nd Edition and Keto Treats)
- Multi-user account support with data sync and fast user switching. This feature will be free for the first account. Any additional accounts will be available to buy for $0.99 USD per month to cover the cost of processing and storing the additional data on our servers.
The features are driven by your feedback! Feel free to leave a comment if you have anything else you would like us to add and if it’s something we can do, we’ll do our best to implement it in future updates.
How About Android?
We’ve been working on the fully featured KetoDiet Android app and we expect to release it in mid 2017 (soon!). As with all software, it’s very hard to give precise estimates and KetoDiet is a fairly complex app but we should start beta testing in just a few weeks.
We will notify everyone who’s included in the beta testing once it’s available. If you wish to be included, please, send us an e-mail via this form (leaving a comment below won’t work, you need to send us an e-mail so we can keep track of all beta testers).