The ketogenic diet has many benefits for weight loss and has recently gained much popularity. Here are 10 great reasons why you may want to give it a try!
Ketogenic diets are nothing new, but they go in and out of popularity over the years. This diet has many proven benefits; not only does it encourage weight loss, it can lead to big improvements in many risk factors, such as cholesterol.
So, what is a ketogenic diet? Basically, it’s a diet regimen that forces the body into a process called ketosis, burning fats instead of carbohydrates for use as energy.
The dieter essentially eats a lot of fat, moderate amounts of protein, and small amounts of carbohydrates. In a nutshell, you’re simply using ketones as fuel instead of glucose.
Here are 10 reasons why a ketogenic diet is best for weight loss:
1. Reduced appetite. One of the worst parts about dieting is that feeling of always being hungry. When you don’t eat as many carbs, you don’t feel as hungry because your meals have more staying power.
2. Easier and quicker weight loss. Excess water is shed from the body on this type of diet, lowering insulin levels, so the kidneys can get rid of all that extra sodium.
3. Reduction in harmful abdominal fat, greatly reducing the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
4. Higher levels of HDL, the so-called “good” cholesterol. Instead of carrying cholesterol from the liver to the rest of the body like LDL does, HDL encourages the flow of cholesterol away from the body and to the liver. Then, it can be either excreted or re-used.
5. Reduction in blood triglycerides, which can lower your heart disease risk factor.
6. Reduction in blood sugar and insulin levels. This is great news for type 2 diabetes sufferers, as they can more easily manage, treat or even reverse their symptoms.
7. Decreased blood pressure. High blood pressure, also called hypertension, can put you at risk for heart disease, stroke, and kidney failure.
8. Improved symptoms of the metabolic syndrome, which if left unchecked can increase your risk of diabetes and heart disease. Improved symptoms with a ketogenic diet can include a reduction in anything from abdominal obesity to high fasting blood sugar levels.
9. Higher energy levels. Instead of all those heavy carbs and processed foods, you’re eating more meats and proteins which will give you the energy boost you need to get through your day. You’ll feel more alert and less sluggish.
10. Tasty food choices. From seafood and meat to poultry and eggs, you have a wide variety of tasty, filling foods that can complement your lifestyle in many ways.
What Food to eat and avoid while following a ketogenic diet
A ketogenic diet is 75% fats, 20% protein and 5% carbohydrates.
Food list of what to eat if you are taking Pruvit products and following a Ketogenic diet
More information of what to eat and avoid on a ketogenic diet HERE
Keto OS – exogenous ketone supplementation vs the ketogenic diet
“The ketogenic diet is not new, and has been in practice for many years. It involves following a low carbohydrate (5-10%), moderate protein (15%-30%) and high fat (60%-75%) diet. The problem with the ketogenic diet is that many people find it quite restrictive and difficult to follow. This creates a problem for those who want to benefit from elevated ketone levels, especially children. In the past, dietary changes were the only way to bring your body into a state of nutritional ketosis.
However, today, we have access to the first exogenous ketone supplement, KETO//OS. The supplement blends BHB ketones with medium chain fatty acids, providing the body with ketones, without the need to follow a strict ketogenic diet. Studies are finding that supplementation with ketones is superior to the ketogenic diet. Even while following a Standard North American Diet (SAD), individuals are still experiencing the benefits of ketones via supplementation. However, it is thought that following a lower carbohydrate diet, not necessarily a strict ketogenic diet, will enhance the benefits of the ketone supplements, as your body becomes even more adept to using the ketones are a source of fuel.
The moral of the story? Ketones are something from with we can all benefit. The best part is that now we have an option to get them, without having to stick to the tough dietary guidelines. So throw out your low-fat yogurt, get off the yo-yo diet bandwagon, and give it a try.”
– Dr Andi
Have Questions? Click live chat at the bottom of the screen!
Order KETO by phone – 1-855-KETONES (toll free)
KETO OS ships to the US, Canada, and Australia!
See more info about Ketone Supplements –> KETO/OS and Keto Max!
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are those of the author. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended to provide individual medical advice. Material found herein is not intended as, and does not substitute for, a personalized doctor-patient relationship.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Prüvit products are not intended to diagnose prevent treat or cure any disease. If you are under medical supervision for any allergy, disease, taking prescription medications or you are breastfeeding contact your medical provider before adding any new supplements to your daily regimen.