Plums, ginger, orange and cinnamon, simplicity at its best. Perfect for breakfast or pudding. These baked plums with ginger and orange are the ultimate tasty, speedy treat and with plums in season now, it’s super cheap to make. It’s preferable that the plums are slightly underripe, otherwise they will over cook and fall apart… though this still tastes awesome too! Serve with either Greek or coconut yoghurt.
Hands-on: 10 minutes Overall: 20-30 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving, 6 slices):
|of which Saturated||0||grams|
|Magnesium||5||mg (1% RDA)|
|Potassium||102||mg (5% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (88%), protein (7%), fat (6%)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings):
- 5 firm plums, pitted (330 g/ 11.6 oz)
- 2-inch ginger, peeled (18 g/ 0.6 oz)
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- zest of 1 large orange
- 5 tbsp of water (75 ml/ 2.5 fl oz)
- 10-15 drops liquid stevia, or to taste
- Serving suggestions: serve each portion with 2-4 heaping tablespoons of full-fat Greek yoghurt or Coconut yogurt (you can make your own)
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C fan assisted). Wash the plums. Slice in half and remove the stones. Cut into segments. Roughly 8 segments per plum and place on a baking tray.
- Peel the ginger, grate and place in a bowl. Zest the orange. Add to the bowl with the ginger, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of water. Pour over the plums and mix well.
- Rearrange the plums on the baking tray, flesh side down so the plums don’t overlap. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. If your plums are riper they will need less cooking time, approximately 10 minutes in total. Remove from the oven and serve warm or cold, your choice, with coconut or Greek yoghurt. Option to drizzle with a little honey if you like things sweeter.