In this week’s guest post Tina Turbin of PaleOmazing shares her secret to making rich and creamy chocolate ice-cream with just 4 ingredients. It’s a healthy treat for those who can’t have dairy. Enjoy!
Keto and paleo dieters rejoice as I am about to share with you a delicious and low carb dark chocolate ice cream recipe that is great to enjoy any time of day since it’s that healthy!
Whether you’re in the mood for ice cream to indulge in at home or you plan to share this with guests, I guarantee that this recipe will please even the most pickiest of palates. I recommend making a batch of this over the weekend to enjoy throughout the week. Heck you can even bring some to work (on ice) of course and impress your co-workers.
The addition of the yacon syrup in this recipe helps make it keto-friendly and heart-healthy dark chocolate is always a winner with its boost of antioxidants and ability to release the feel-good hormones that we all associate with a good dark chocolate. Top it off with paleo coconut whipped topping and some strawberries if you desire and you’re all set!
Hands-on: 5 minutes Overall: 1 hour
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||41||grams|
|Magnesium||70||mg (17% RDA)|
|Potassium||933||mg (47% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6%), protein (6%), fat (88%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 1 can chilled coconut cream (canned cream) or very cold coconut milk, I used the cream (ml/ fl oz)
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp 100% pure dark chocolate (128 g/ 4.5 oz) – I used French company Valrhona chocolate, incredible flavor and aroma!
- ¼ tsp clear stevia drops, or to taste
- 6 drops chocolate stevia
- Optional: 3 tbsp yacon syrup, melted, yet cooled down (60 g/ 2.1 oz) – Yacon syrup can be used instead of clear stevia. Note that using yacon syrup will result in 14 g net carbs per serving which would be too much for those following a strict keto diet. What other sweeteners to use on a ketogenic diet? Check out our list of healthy low-carb sweeteners.
- Mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer until well mixed, thicker and slightly frothy.
- Add to your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions. Mine was ready in about 10 minutes or less. Eat right away. Or you can place in your freezer but it will harden. Enjoy!
Tips: You can thaw out for about 20 minutes and it will be ready to eat. I am pleased to report you can refrigerate it and it will remain fairly solid for many hours.